Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center provides, subject to availability of grant funds, financial assistance for the care of pets belonging to income qualifying senior pet owners who meet the following requirements:
- Be 65+
- Be a permanent resident of City of Riverside, Corona, Norco, Mira Loma, Moreno Valley, Jurupa Valley or Perris (proof of residency required such as copy of Driver’s License, utility bill, etc.)
- Have proof of ownership of animal (such as vaccination records or license)
- Have a maximum income of $1,700 per month
Step 1: If you meet all requirements listed above, please submit an application online.*
Step 2: After submitting your application, email with your qualifying documents:
- Driver’s license to show proof of age and proof of residency.
- SSI statement, Pension statement, and/or monthly income statement to show proof of monthly income.
- Vaccination records, rabies certificate, spay/neuter certificate, and/or license to show proof of ownership of pet.
Step 3: Once we have received your application and documents, your information will be reviewed, and you will be contacted via email with the next steps within 7 days.
If you do not have access to an email or do not have an email, please print the paper application and mail application to us along with your qualifying documents.
*Paper applications can also be obtained at the Pet Adoption Center Wednesday -Friday between 12pm – 4pm.
This program has limited financial aid available and is not meant as a resource to manage the continuing care of a pet. The intent of the grant is to assist as many seniors and their pets within each funding period (calendar year). You may receive full or partial payment assistance with your request. You may be required to provide additional documentation while your application is being considered.
Grant funds made possible by:
The Albert & Anna Herdina Memorial Fund for Animals
The Albert & Anna Herdina Memorial Fund for Animals, made possible in part by a grant from Youth Grantmakers Committee Fund at The Community Foundation, Strengthening Inland Southern California through Philanthropy. These funds allow us to offer financial assistance throughout the year for the care of pets belonging to low-income senior citizens who meet specific criteria who are over the age of 65.
For more information contact or call 951-688-4340 ext 3318