Make MSRPAC a safe and happy place for pets in transition and its volunteers, staff, and visitors
Want to do good in your community and get a regular four-legged friend fix? Become a volunteer at the Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center!
When you volunteer at the pet adoption center, you're joining an amazing team of volunteers and staff who are committed to providing support in many different ways to orphaned pets in our community. As a volunteer, you will be rewarded for your efforts through recognition events during National Volunteer Week and the best of all, you'll be helping pets in need receive the second chance they so deserve.
With more than 35 volunteer positions, we have opportunities for everyone who wants to help homeless pets. Here are just a few:
- Work with patrons and pets as an Adoption Information Specialist
- Work with dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies in grooming, animal, enrichment and surgery care
- Provide administrative support in many of our departments including development, volunteer, spay/neuter clinic, behavior and more
- Care for newborn puppies and kittens by being a foster parent
- Provide assistance at our thrift store by sorting, pricing and merchandising
We would be happy to sign off on community service hours for students who are 14 years and older required for High School and College but we are unable to verify hours to meet community service requirements mandated by the court.
REQUIREMENTS TO VOLUNTEER AT MSRPAC:
- Be at least 14 years old
- RSVP online to an upcoming volunteer informational session (we will invite you to the next session via email)
- Attend a 1.5 hour informational session
- Attend training classes based on your area of interest
- Donate a minimum of 6 hours per month for 6 months
- Pay a $35 program fee (non-refundable) that covers training supplies, a volunteer t-shirt, and laminated name badge
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
- RSVP online to a Volunteer Info Session! We accept online RSVPs for the info session on-line only. Please watch for the date links to "go-live" at the bottom of the page. You will then provide your contact information and secure your seat. Spots for each session are limited so make sure to reserve your spot as soon as you are able!
- Volunteer orientations are hosted regualry based on the need of MSRPAC. At this session, you will learn more about our organization, the volunteer program, and current opportunities.
- If after attending our info session you decide we are the right organization for you, you can then pay for your volunteer t-shirt and name badge, create an online volunteer account, and schedule a Volunteer Interview (not all volunteer opportunities require an interview).
- If an interview is required, you will sign up for areas of interest after the informational session. The supervisor in charge of that department will schedule an interview with you.
- Once you have received your volunteer assignment, we will schedule any additional necessary hands-on training. This may include a training class and/or mentor training with a staff member.
Our Next Informational Sessions:
Informational Sessions generally last 1.5 hours. Some sessions will include optional training to follow.
2020 Info Session Dates
If you would like to learn more about volunteering with Mary S. Roberts Pet Adoption Center, your first step is to RSVP to an Info Session.
We are currently recruiting for positions below:
- Feline Enrichment
- Canine Enrichment
- Marketing and Communication Specialist
- Development Clerical Assistant
- Humane Education Specialist
- Adoption Information Specialist
- Clinic Clerical Assistant
- Vaccine Clinic Volunteer
- Kennel Care Technician Volunteer
Still, have questions? Contact our Volunteer Services Manager